Rocio Guzman Gallardo
- How did you become a model?
I knew a photographer three years ago, who asked if I would like to shoot for a local clothing brand, and I said yes. After I did this shoot, more and more people told me they liked my pictures and that I should model more. After this, I started doing more shoots and commercials.
- What did you do before you became a model?
My first job in my life is that I am a mother, but I’m also a yoga teacher and business woman. However, before I started modelling, I studied civil engineering and worked in this field.
- What is you favourite shoot that you have done and why?
My favourite shoot that I have done was in the nature, in a river near my home. I felt so free in the natural beauty, and I enjoyed the artistic concept.
- How did you feel during your first photo shoot?
I felt nervous, but the photographer told me not to care too much, and to relax. I relaxed and enjoyed the shoot after he told me this, and have never stopped modelling since.
- Describe yourself in five words.
- What do you snack on between castings?
I like to eat salad, I always take fruit and water with me and I like eating dried fruit. Sometimes I will pack a sandwich. I eat a lot and always make sure that I have food with me.
- What is one makeup product you can’t live without?
I think the only product I can’t live without is shampoo, because I like to stay clean everyday!
- How do you keep in shape?
I’m a yoga teacher and I surf too. I also try to do four days a week of training at the gym, and I love to go trekking outdoors.
- Who is your biggest inspiration in the fashion industry?
I love the Victoria’s Secret shoots, and Dior too!
- What do your family and friends think about you being a model?
At first they said I am too old to start modelling. But when they saw me work and all the things that models can experience they started to support me and are more positive about it.
- Why did you choose to come model in Mumbai?
My whole life I have been curious about India. I find India a fascinating country with all the colours, textures and textiles. On the other hand, I also love all the cultures, religions and peaceful mind set in India. I think Mumbai is a good city for models, because it is so safe in comparison to the rest of India.
- What are your model goals?
I would like to continue modelling until I’m old. I look after my body so that I can look younger, but also my best for whatever age I am.
- What has been the best advice you have received as a model?
The best advice I have been given is to look after my body. Also, to watch my fellow models and learn from them to become a better model myself, and if I don’t know something to always ask.